Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Brawijaya, has an excellence in the field of community clinical pharmacy, and Inter Professional Education (IPE). These competences are supported by the percentage of subjects in the field of community clinical reaching 60%. IPE is a learning activity that involves students among health professions, such as pharmacy, medical, nursing, dentistry, midwifery, and nutrition. With IPE, pharmacy students are expected to be able to communicate well among health personnel and to apply their knowledge in line with their competence.
To achieve the overall competence, Department of Pharmacy sets goals and strategies for the achievement up to year 2014, including:
- Increased promotion of education.
- The development of the field of education.
- The development of the field of research.
- The development of the field of community service.
- The development of infrastructure and facilities.
- The development of the financial sector.
- The development of social and religious fields.
- The development of Human Resources.